A Olive + Twist Bartender mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to guests of the bar and service bar following standard recipes and the company’s policies; merchandises drinks; and is attentive to guests, making them feel welcome, at all times.
Specific responsibilities of the Bartender include:
- Maintains a warm, welcoming, “Corner Bar” atmosphere.
- IDs all guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
- Properly and promptly prepare, garnish, and serve drinks to guests.
- Engages with guests by making drinks in front of the guest using working flair.
- Knows the menu and how to read each guest to make appropriate beverage and food recommendations.
- Up-sells guests on food or drink items when appropriate.
- Keeps a clean, organized bar area.
- Accurately rings up all orders in the POS system while maintaining ability to socialize with guests.
- Follows all relevant brand standards for service.
- Builds guests count by promoting specials and building a regular clientele.
- Strictly adheres to responsible alcohol service standards and is able to successfully “slow down a guest” or cut off an intoxicated guest when necessary.
- A Olive + Twist Bartender must be able to mix drinks quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- A Olive + Twist Bartender MUST be able to carry natural conversation with guests IN FLUENT ENGLISH without sounding scripted or intrusive. Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
Additional specific requirements for the Bartender include:
- Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved dress code at all times
- Must follow standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system , make change correctly and make credit card transactions
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a Manager
- Must be able to respond clearly to guests’ requests
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 lb. cases and carry short distances, up or down stairs
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir and wipe
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in hot water (every 5 minutes)