Olive + Twist is seeking a talented Restaurant Kitchen Manager for our River Oaks/Upper Kirby location. Kitchen Manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of the restaurant. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that Olive + Twist culinary standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Also, the Kitchen Manager supports the restaurant senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or exceeding Olive + Twist business objectives.
• Demonstrate financial comprehension of O+T budget and P&L.
• Effectively control costs of food and related purchases in alignment with budgeted expectations.
• Manage staff schedules in accordance with the restaurant’s budget and forecast models.
• Maintain the highest standards of brand, local health, safety, and food preparation hygiene requirements.
• Support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
• Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the restaurant.
• Develop kitchen team in all aspects of kitchen execution from 100% recipe adherence to banquet service.
• Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
• Execute established food standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards.
• Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and food handling practices to deliver optimal quality of product to guests.
• Attract and retain the most exceptionally talented culinary talent available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
• Clearly define goals and expectations for Heart of House hourly team members using performance review tools and hold your people accountable for successful performance.
• Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
• Manage a diverse team ensuring a balanced and proactive approach to increasing individual potential across the team.
• Serve as a Culinary Learning Coach developing, implementing, and executing learning & development programs for all Heart of House employees in order to drive continuous improvement and employee retention.
• Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and professional growth.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Minimum 7 years of experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant culinary operations.
• Possess all local food management and safety certifications.
• Ability to learn and bring “out of the box” ideas to their team.
• Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of business acumen and common sense.
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading, and writing.
• Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
• Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners, and other employees of the organization.
• Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
• Ability to move throughout the corporate office and restaurants during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
• Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
• Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
• Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
• Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
• Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
Ready to apply? Click the button on this page.
Olive + Twist is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Olive + Twist welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Olive + Twist to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
DAY IN THE LIFE… Everybody is Somebody! At Olive + Twist, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
- You are responsible for tens of millions of rupiah worth of FUN and a team that is worth twice that!
- You get to work with the most talented group of Managers and Employees in Bali and you are responsible for hiring, training, developing and retaining the “best of the best.”
- You HAVE TO celebrate your team’s successes, train them on service standards, and develop their strengths.
- You get to drive results through your team.
You Got It! At Olive + Twist, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
- The “You Got It” attitude is contagious– it starts with you, extends to your team and makes our Guests love spending time at Olive + Twist!
- You lead from the front and set the FUN (PACE & TONE) for the shift.
- You make executive decisions – if you see a Guest in need, you have the power to identify a fix and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- We strive for 100% “table touches” and this means that you and your team are moving really fast!
Fun to the Core At Olive + Twist, we just can’t help entertaining Guests and showing them a great time.
- You get to come up with creative ways to drives sales each day!
- Like to party? We like to party… You get to host mini parties shiftly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually to communicate and motivate your team.
- Your “office” is on the “floor” and you help create the ultimate Guest experience.
Founders’ Spirit At Olive + Twist, we believe that having the passion, pride and drive are what makes us different.
- We are passionate about winning and love to celebrate success – you work hand-in-hand with the rest of the management team to drive financial results.
- Have a vision? Share it with your department and track your success!
- We believe in a well-balanced schedule that drives salesand ensures Guest service.
- Safety first. You create a well maintained, safe, secure, and sanitary environment for all Olive + Twist guests and staff.
- And, because we expect you to “Act like you own it” your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever-popular “other duties as assigned.” If you see a need, meet it; if you have an idea, share it; if you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand!
- Non typical Restaurant environment. We have great food, promotions, host the best Special Events and have tons of people coming to have FUN!
- Dress to impress, we are business casual but with a tie!
- Our business is nights, weekends and holidays and our Managers know that is our niche.
LEGAL MAKES US SAY THIS…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Must speak fluent English. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that “Legal” is over, how could you not want to work here!