Olive + Twist is seeking a talented Restaurant Line Cook for our River Oaks/Upper Kirby location. Line cooks ensure that Olive + Twist culinary standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Also, the Line cook supports the restaurant senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or exceeding Olive + Twist business objectives.
The Fun Description
POSITION SNAPSHOT: The line cook position is responsible for creating an exceptional culinary experience for our Guests through the preparation and presentation of our menu. The line cook is also responsible for the correct handling and preparation of all food items to ensure our Guests’ safety at all times.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
- Delivers an unparalleled Guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Safely and correctly operates all equipment.
- Uses all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
- Ensures that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Prepares and sells food that meets all food quality indicators and prepared to Guest expectations.
- Sells food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by recipe and to specification.
- Controls costs by following prep sheets as designed to ensure the freshest product is served and eliminate waste.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Responsible for station maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all kitchen mats, floors, walls and drains.
- Empties kitchen trash and cleans and maintains trash cans.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Must be friendly and able to smile a lot while working days, nights and/or weekends as required.
- Previous kitchen experience at a hotel or restaurant is preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate ability to clearly communicate with other team members.
- Must be disciplined and self-motivated.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Possess all local food management and safety certifications.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills through the ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading, and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
Ready to apply? Click the button on this page.
Olive + Twist is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Olive + Twist welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Olive + Twist to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
You Got It! At Olive + Twist, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
- The “You Got It” attitude is contagious– it starts with you, extends to your team and makes our Guests love spending time at Olive + Twist!
- You lead from the front and set the FUN (PACE & TONE) for the shift.
- You make executive decisions – if you see a Guest in need, you have the power to identify a fix and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- We strive for 100% “table touches” and this means that you and your team are moving really fast!
Fun to the Core At Olive + Twist, we just can’t help entertaining Guests and showing them a great time.
- You get to come up with creative ways to drives sales each day!
- Like to party? We like to party… You get to host mini parties shiftly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually to communicate and motivate your team.
- Your “office” is on the “floor” and you help create the ultimate Guest experience.
Founders’ Spirit At Olive + Twist, we believe that having the passion, pride and drive are what makes us different.
- We are passionate about winning and love to celebrate success – you work hand-in-hand with the rest of the management team to drive financial results.
- Have a vision? Share it with your department and track your success!
- We believe in a well-balanced schedule that drives salesand ensures Guest service.
- Safety first. You create a well maintained, safe, secure, and sanitary environment for all Olive + Twist guests and staff.
- And, because we expect you to “Act like you own it” your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever-popular “other duties as assigned.” If you see a need, meet it; if you have an idea, share it; if you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand!
- Non typical Restaurant environment. We have great food, promotions, host the best Special Events and have tons of people coming to have FUN!
- Dress to impress, we are business casual but with a tie!
- Our business is nights, weekends and holidays and our Managers know that is our niche.
LEGAL MAKES US SAY THIS…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend, stoop, mop, sweep and wipe frequently.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that “Legal” is over, how could you not want to work here!